Aim To Grow Up
“We value the understanding of diversity and promote a tolerant atmosphere where we acknowledge cultural and political differences”
- The organization of training sessions, workshops, and camps for the youth and their families.
- The dialogue between the youth through visits among the fellow nations and the intercultural exchange programs as well as technical Internships and training.
- Organizing cultural development and human rights awareness campaigns.
- Enhancing the methodology of non-formal education and civic education facilities.
- Encouraging democracy and assisting the youth to play an active role in their communities.
- Preparing young women for their responsibilities and encouraging them to take action in their societies.
Some Work We Did
Winter Arab Youth Seminar WAYS
- aims at improving the communication and collaboration between the Arabic countries and their people.
- The beginning of community development and social change initiatives within the Middle Eastern area.
- 40 participants from all over the Arab world were invited to attend the seminar, held in Egypt to start a new Arab initiative in order to introduce and to sustain the concept in four specific ways:
- Intercultural Understanding and exchange programs.
- Economic integration.
- Non-formal education.
- Community awareness.
Egyptian-Danish Ambassadors for Dialogue
- In partnership with the “Ambassadors for dialogue” movement, the “Intercultural Youth Dialogue Association” (IYDA) organized a workshop in Cairo, lasting two days.
- Our aim was to break down prejudice and to create a better understanding between the Danish and the Middle Eastern youth. About 30 Egyptian participants attended the training.
- The Danish facilitators stressed different areas such as intercultural learning, intercultural dialogue, political participation and democracy
Spring of Democracy
- The youth exchange program “Spring of Democracy – Active Youth Participation in Decision Making Processes” focused on the different ideas and definitions of democracy and, while dealing with the values and rights of the people living in a democracy.
- aimed at enhancing the intercultural cooperation and the participation of young people. The youth exchange took place in Frankfurt (Oder), Germany in May 2012. The program included participants from Egypt, Tunisia, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Turkey, Poland and Germany.
Renewable Energy Project
- 15 IYDA volunteers attended a really interesting seminar in Bonn, Germany, which was focused on environmental issues, especially the topic of renewable energies. In workshops and discussions, through films, lectures, and trips,e.g. to the Solar World Company, they gained a lot of knowledge about wind energy, electric mobility, and the connection of water and energy.
- Experiment e.V. Germany leaders of this program will definitely look for maintaining the event every year.
Egyptian Swedish Dialogue for Active Citizenship
- IYDA, in partnership with the Swedish Institute in Alexandria, organized the peacebuilding program for Active Citizenship “Egyptian Swedish Dialogue for Active Citizenship”, where Swedish and Egyptian participants had inspiring experiences.
- The focus of the program was to achieve a cross-cultural dialogue in order to promote peace and tolerance. Through discussions and workshops, the participants learned about active citizenship and how to advocate peace in society.
- A group of 5 people from IYDA at the beginning of May, went to Madrid, Spain. where they experimented with other young people with different cultural backgrounds, the ideation of several entrepreneurship projects, aligned in purpose with the people and the planet.
- The Program was held by AIPC Pandora, one of the leader’s Organization for Culture Exchange in Madrid, Spain.